Monday, May 18, 2009

Art show in New York

In New York again, I am finding myself inspired.

The Surtex design show at the Javits is once again chock full and overflowing with some of the world's most gifted artists and designers. And I'm here smack dab in the middle of them all!

Here's what my booth looks like. And once again I'm tickled pink at the opportunity to work with some of the most amazing companies on the globe, companies I once never dreamed I'd partner with.





Even a fast walk from my booth to the ladies' room leaves me breathless and asking myself again, "how in the world did I end up here with these amazing people?" It's a humbling experience.

But the other artists and my licensing partners are my friends and we're having lots of fun connecting as usual.







Before the show opened, there was time for a bit of window shopping. Above, the window at Kate's Paperie. What a skirt! And later I met the owner of Kate's, who is every bit as wonderful as her stores.



I'd never visited Anthroplogie, and I suppose I should publicly apologize to them in case I might have drooled all over their windows. It was definitely jaw dropping.

This month their display windows are everything bees~ flowers made from old soda bottles, hives made of a gigantic stack of brightly colored plastic bags layered and cut to the proper shape. Wow.








The theme for today is sensory overload. I've got a "to do" list as long as my arm but for the moment I think I'll be content if I can just quit humming "New York, New York!"