Saturday, February 11, 2012

Spring fever

The flower and garden show always gives me spring fever.


The display gardens were so dark this year it was as if we were viewing the gardens at midnight! 
But I asked, and no, it was not a mistake.

"It's like kissing in the moonlight is always sweeter," said the lady I'd asked. 
Hmmmmmmmm....


But I still managed a few photos in those gardens that had more light than most.


Like the Parisian garden.



Vertical plantings are the very hottest thing around this year and even the humble pallet made an appearance. 

Perfect for a small space! But don't use a pallet for anything you'll be eating, as they are treated with nasty chemicals.


And you'd never expect two women with spring fever to skip the booths, would you?

I always go with my gifted friend Jane Shasky, whose botanical watercolors are delicate and feminine, and this time we shopped more than usual!

How did I miss the lingonberries? 


And I leave you with a tip.
Molbak's had a sweet-smelling bowl you can copy at home easily.

The centerpiece of it was oranges which had simply been sliced vertically
and then heavily dusted with cinnamon, cloves and other aromatics and left to dry.

Subtle but perfect. 


Spring, come quickly!

We are waiting...