Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hints of spring on the farm


I am frankly besotted with living in a rural community.

Living in community with other people is amazing.
I was born a city kid but now I'm rural to the core.


So when my neighbor's goats kidded this weekend and she needed help bottle feeding them I ran right over.


Even day-old baby goats can leap so fast you can hardly capture it with a camera.






Early spring and the new life it brings is amazing.

This little one snuggled right in and guzzled the bottle I offered.


And then I noticed her nose, a perfect little pink heart.


Going back to feed goats again tomorrow, hurrah!


I think the farm look is going to show up with me in May when I set up the annual New York show…
just can't get past the glories of living in a land of rich soil and people who embrace it.


Farm life is the real deal.
Authenticity is so attractive…

Just as wonderful as a barnyard full of baby lambs or goats and chicken scratching in the garden.